Kadokawa have revealed Japan’s top ten most anticipated summer anime, based on research carried out from May 23rd-24th on the series arriving this coming season. 12,169 men and women, aged from 5-69 years, were polled by the manga publishers across 47 prefectures, and the rather surprising results came back as below.
1. The Heroic Legend of Arslan: Dust Storm Dance (premiering July 3rd)
(c) 2016 Hiromu Arakawa, Yoshiki Tanaka, Kodansha/’The Heroic Legend of Arslan’ Production Committee, MBS
Here’s a chart showing the age groups that made Arslan top of the list:
2. Berserk (July 1st)
© Kentaro Miura (Studio GaGa), Hakusensha/’Berserk’ Production Committee
3. Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma: The Second Plate (July 2nd)
4. Love Live! Sunshine!! (July 2nd)
5. Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope’s Peak Academy: Future Chapter/ Despair Chapter (July 11th/14th)
6. Active Raid – 2nd (July 11th)
7. Battery (July 14th)
8. Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan (July 4th)
9. D.Gray-man HALLOW (July 4th)
10. Handa-kun (July 7th)
There you have it, folks. And with nary an Orange in sight.