Returning from the heights of the convention circuit to the banality of everyday life has put me out of sorts recently, so the backlog of brilliant posts from my fellow ani-bloggers have built up to landslide propositions. Sifting through the posts, it was clear to see that many of you had been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award (among others) so congratulations to each and every one of you. Some were even kind enough to nominate this here blogger.
- Display Award
- Thank the person who gave you this award (and include a link to her/his blog).
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 10 bloggers
Seven factoids about me
- As well as being an anime fan (kind of goes without saying) I’m a huge Trekker. Yup, I’ve decked out my tiny flat with all things Star Trek – we’re talking shrines and everything.
- I wrote and self-published a fantasy novel when I was 15, but given it’s an embarrassing shackle to my teenage years, and chock full of typos besides, I’d thank you for not tracking down a copy.
- Though I’ve wanted to be a writer since I was a tyke, I’d also wanted to be about a hundred other things, from tree surgeon and archaeologist, to game tester and ghost hunter. In the end I decided on journalist.
- I listen to a wide range of music, from soul to death metal, and have an expanding vinyl collection reflecting that variety. Who says I can’t put Tom Waits next to Autopsy?
- Apart from enjoying Food Wars! for its likable characters and, um, other things, it’s the food itself I get the biggest kick out of. While I love to cook at home, my better half bemoans the mess I make of the kitchen. To be fair, more of it ends up on the walls, strewn across the floor and splattered on the ceiling.
- I don’t drink, smoke or indulge in any other substance abuse – well, not any more anyway.
- Despite, or perhaps because of, my anxious disposition, I adore horror films even when they stopped me sleeping as a kid. With a love of horror, anime and Star Trek, could you tell I wasn’t winning any popularity awards at school?
As so many of the bloggers I respect and follow have already been nominated, I’ll just shine a light on a few I think are deserving of the award. Apologies in advance if any of you have already been nominated.