Yet another award! People, you make us blush. Many thanks to Schizoidmouse for nominating us for the Liebster Award. We have such fun reading your blog, and it’s great to know you do too, so salutations to a fellow horror and anime fan. Everyone should check out the mouse’s 12 Days of Halloween posts, it was great to read some insightful mini-reviews of horrors and thrillers we love. Screw you, November.
- Post the award in the post.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions they’ve written for you.
- Nominate 11 people (give or take) and give them 11 different questions to answer.
There were a few really fun questions to think abut here, so I hope you enjoy my answers just as much. Here we go!
1. What is your view on comic relief characters?
There’s nothing wrong with them in my books, as long as they don’t feel exploitative or insulting in the context of whatever they’re in.
2. Protagonist or Antagonist?
I’m totally a baddies girl. But I do appreciate a good anti-hero too.
3. Do you enjoy remakes?
John Carpenter’s The Thing is perhaps my favourite remake movie, and one of my top ten films in general. Fantastic horror. That, and I’m looking forward to the live-action Ghost in the Shell. So while I think most remakes are rubbish or completely pointless, I couldn’t be against them altogether.
4. What do you think about Reality Television shows? E.g. Survivor, Big Brother, Hell’s Kitchen, etc.
I used to follow a few quite regularly, but now I can only stand to watch them occasionally. It’s only out of a sort of twisted curiosity that I tune in to them now. Seeing people put on a character of themselves for the camera is oddly fascinating.
5. If you had the choice to be stranded on an island with a character of your own choosing, who would it be and why?
It would have to be either a character who could get me out of there alive (because I’d be useless in that situation), or at the very least someone who I felt could keep me grounded and sane. So maybe Iron Man in the hopes he had a spare suit, Kallen from Code Geass since she handled that island stranding episode the best, or Spock as a wise voice of reason.
6. You can have a million dollars, but you now have a split personality that exists and takes over once every six month cycle randomly. This personality is of a famous villain from a movie, and will have complete control over your body for a day and it is a new one each cycle. Like Captain Hook from Peter Pan one cycle, and maybe Hannibal Lector the next, and you would get an additional 25,000 for every new personality. Would you take the money?
Wow. Yes, I am so in. I’m watching Hannibal at the moment, I’d love to be paid to be Lecter as played by Mads Mikkelsen for a day. The main dilemma for me would be whether I’d want to be aware of the other personality’s actions…but I’d probably say yes to that too.
7. If you could choose one fantasy world to live in, which one would you live in?
Since Star Wars is space fantasy, could I pick a planet and say Naboo? It looks like a fairytale, so I’m going to say that counts as a fantasy world.
8. If you had a choice to make one live action film animated, what would it be and why?
Pan’s Labyrinth would be a good one, especially as an anime movie. All those wonderful creepy bits like the Pale Man scene could be captured in even deeper darkness.
9. What is your dream job?
This. Writing for a living. I’d most likely never get rich, or even well off, but sometimes I get all misty-eyed imagining guesting at conventions with Dominic as littleanimeblog.
10. There is a free ticket to vacation wherever you want in the world and you will be given enough money to see all its sights, where would you go?
Easy, Tokyo. It’s top of my dream holiday list.
11. If you were in the Holy Grail War (Fate series), what historical figure would you most want as your servant to fight alongside you? You can’t use those already put into the series like Gilgamesh and Alexander the Great.
Ooh, tough one, because a lot of the names that spring to mind are already in there. But perhaps an interesting one would be Alice Kyteler, the first Irish woman to be accused of witchcraft. She was sentenced to death in 1342, but mysteriously disappeared the night before her execution. Seems like someone to have on side to get you out of a fix.
- Nichi Nichi-chan
- Anime Girls NYC
- Weekend Otaku
- Takuto’s Anime Cafe
- Wave Motion Cannon
- Bannet’s Blog
- Karandi from 100 Word Anime
- D from D Talks Anime
All the lovely people above have built great blogs in the short time they’ve had them up and running. We’re glad to know every one of them, through their writing and their visits to our own little blog, and you should certainly check them out too.
Right, now time for my own 11 questions. Let’s see…
1. What started you off writing? Not necessarily blogging, but being creative in writing down your thoughts.
2. Which anime is the most special to you? Doesn’t have to be a favourite, just one that has the most meaning for you.
3. What are you most looking forward to right now?
4. You can keep any fictional animal as a pet, as fantastical or normal as you’d like. Which would you choose?
5. Poof! Sparkle sparkle. You are now a magical girl (or boy, if that’s your preference) with a maximum of three powers at your disposal. What would they be?
6. You’re heading off on an adventure. Name your fictional weapon of choice.
7. What’s the silliest thing that makes you laugh?
8. If you could be best friends with any fictional character, who would it be?
9. Is there something you wish you could fix?
10. Here are two lists of four nefarious anime characters, one for male characters, one for female. For your own personal harem, you can choose either:
- Light Yagami from Death Note
- Vegeta from Dragon Ball Z
- Lelouch Lamperouge from Code Geass
- and Hisoka from Hunter x Hunter
- Queen Beryl from Sailor Moon
- Yuno Gasai from Future Diary
- Ragyo Kiryuin from Kill la Kill
- and Caster from Fate/stay night
11. Now, for each character in the list you selected above, who would you:
d) throw off a cliff?
Don’t feel you have to answer these if we’ve nominated you, but leave a comment and tell us if you do. We’re curious to see all your answers. But until then, ta-ta for now and keep on blogging.