Latest

Code Geass anime sequel unveiled

Those few lucky fans who received a special summons to Code Geass‘ 10th anniversary  celebration were on to something when they decoded the hidden message “Rebirth of the Demon”. Sunrise decreed at the event on Sunday that the anime is in for its “next project”, with a three-part anime compilation film planned on top of that. Here’s the visual that heralded the new project. Be aware: from here on in, things get a little spoilery.

code-geass

The project in question is a sequel, Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Resurrection). Taking place several years after the ‘Zero Requiem’ plot, staff also revealed that Lelouch the genuine article, not an alternate dimension version or clone, will be appearing in this new project. The format in which it will be released is as yet unknown.

The three-part film series, on the other hand, will recap both original anime series. The cast are all re-recording their lines, but are also preparing for new scenes too. We can expect the first film to open in Japan in 2017.

So, tell us. How excited are you? We’re just glad that, for once, an announcement we were waiting for didn’t turn out to be another pachinko machine.

15 Comments on Code Geass anime sequel unveiled

1. I have seen and heard some great stuff about this Anime. Currently in the middle of a few other shows, but hope to start with this one, somewhere before the end of this year 😀 But I’m pretty positive that I am going to like it, as shows like these are absolutely my kind of Anime. So great to know that more is on the way!

Liked by 1 person

• Elisabeth O'Neill // November 30, 2016 at 9:13 am // Reply

Ah, it’s an excellent show, so tragic and yet still fun to watch in how the characters interact. Can’t wait to watch the new season as it airs, even though we don’t know how long we hate to wait yet 😆

Liked by 1 person

2. I’m still shook and surprised this was announced, but I’m also not entirely happy/sure I want this to happen. I don’t want my heartbreak and intense crying to have been for nothing /selfish
    I’m still going to see because I’m masochist for CG, and I do miss my bae Lelouch 😳✨

Liked by 1 person

• Elisabeth O'Neill // November 30, 2016 at 9:17 am // Reply

Crying. Crying and fury and shaking your fist at the screen. Pretty much sums up the whole Geass experience. I know what you mean, it will be such a shame if it’s disappointing now, and the resurrection part has me a bit 🙄 Here’s hoping they manage to do it in a creative and sort of believable way. Not like some Black Butler II body in the suitcase thing 😆

• I sobbed to sleep after CG ended, I was so shaken up, almost as shaken up as when I watched Shinsekai Yori (SSY made me cry hours), so I’m so wary about this. I get a feeling they’re only doing this because the fans pestered them to bring back Lelouch….
        /shudders
        I haven’t seen S2 of black Butler because that first episode was such a huge nope when I saw Ciel in that suitcase, I can’t!
        I just want them to make Lelouch finally lock lips with Suzaku if they’re bringing him back, that sexual tension needs to be resolved. Now that YoI is breaking milestones, CG needs to take a leaf out of YoI’s book ;P

Liked by 1 person

• Elisabeth O'Neill // December 6, 2016 at 5:46 pm // Reply

Oh, don’t talk to either of us about Shinsekai Yori 😢 It does feel a bit like a fanservice season, I’m hoping it’s better than that. Except for Lelouch x Suzaku, that fanservice I would like to see 😜

We tried with Black Butler II, but it just felt like a meme of the first season. It was fun to see Seb doing some proper flirting with Grell, but other than that we couldn’t find reasons to stick with it.

• I HAVE TO TALK ABOUT SSY CAUSE NO ONE EVER TALKS ABOUT IT, IT’S SO GOOD AND SAD AND RIP ME
            I’m all down for Lelouch x Suzaku fan service 👀👀👀👌
            BB2 does have the Blondie with those thigh high boots and those short shorts, so I’m totally ensnared and want to try it out, I’M WEAK OKAY

Liked by 1 person

• Elisabeth O'Neill // December 19, 2016 at 4:40 pm //

I know, why don’t more people know about it? It’s just one of those underdog shows, stalking and waiting to kill you with dehydration by crying 😭⚰️ RIP all of us.

Haha, nothing wrong with that! Who likes short shorts? 👏👏👏 We like short shorts!

• You feel and know my suffering, at long last, no one I know seems to have seen it! 😭😭😭😭
            I cried so hard, I couldn’t stop, I cried to sleep and each time I imagined exactly what happened with a certain duo in their hands I would just start bawling again, it was so difficult to watch the rest and see how the show ended, I was so heartbroken ORZ
            Now I need so see a post about SSY from you! Dish it out, kill me again, I’ll thank you for the feels if it means more people will know about /sobs silently
            Short shorts is love, and thigh high tights and thigh high boots is life 😻😻😻👌

Liked by 1 person

• Elisabeth O'Neill // December 31, 2016 at 2:46 pm //

So sad 😢 All those poor little souls. We’ve actually done a piece on SSY and the fear of children, posted it a few months back. Man, that show goes dark. Takes your brain places you don’t want to go. You come out of watching it changed in some dark cobwebbed corner of your mind, I swear 😅 Might go back to it sometime and do another piece in the future. Put myself through it again for the sake of our readers 😂

• Oooh, you did a piece on it? I didn’t notice smh@myself rn for sure. I’ll have to find it and read then.
            Yes, do it, suffer for us 😈😈
            SSY definitely changes our perception and really makes us wonder about us and how we work 🙏

Liked by 1 person

3. Seen this show! I was so surprised to see it came back and my jaw dropped at the “Im here to rule you thing” when I saw it on Facebook! I liked this show, didn’t think it was like one of the best shows of all time but I get it’s a huge deal and I did enjoy it.

Liked by 1 person

4. I’m pretty excited about a new season. I was happy with both interpretations of the s2 ending. Lelouch dying was a hell of a powerful scene but if he is alive, then I won’t complain because I love that guy, and can’t wait for more of him.

Liked by 1 person

5. Code Geass is one of my fave anime shows. I’m not thrilled with this announcement though, as I am content with the complete story we already have. Whenever a series gets extended I worry they will screw it up, which would affect my overall opinion of the series. Madoka Magica for example was tarnished for me by the last movie.

Liked by 1 person

• Elisabeth O'Neill // December 6, 2016 at 7:06 pm // Reply

We all miss Lelouch, but I agree, to see him die than have him come back spoils the poignancy of the death, and the entire ending of the show if they’re not careful. It’s a risky business, this giving the fans what they want lark. Most of the time, we don’t have a clue what we really want.

Liked by 1 person